Get Effective Pest Control
Kirchner Brothers Pest Control provides full service pest control near you in Lancaster, Columbia, Centerville, and parts of eastern York County. You can count on pest control services to help eliminate concerns about crawling insects of all types as well as various small rodents.
Our Pest Control & Exterminator Services
Flexible treatment options from a one-time general extermination treatment to monthly pest control services are
available. We accept Cash, Check VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
Call us at (717) 394-8838 and one of our friendly and knowledgeable office staff will be happy to help you.
10 Steps to Reduce Pests at Outdoor Festivities this Summer
Summer is on its way and with the recent COVID virus, backyard BBQ's will be more important than ever as we try to navigate our new normal. Here are some tips to keeping your backyard pest-free during summertime barbecues:
- Mosquitoes are most active at dusk and dawn, so if you are planning a barbeque before sunset, plan on having plenty of insect repellant containing an EPA-registered active ingredient like DEET or Picaridin available for you and your guests. Adorn your deck or patio with citronella candles that can help minimize the presence of mosquitoes in the area, and wear long sleeves or pants to avoid bites. Remove or drain sources of standing water in your yard that could be a breeding ground for mosquitoes, including birdbaths, wading pools or garden ponds
- Yellowjackets and other stinging insects are attracted to fragrances from shampoo, perfume and candles — not to mention food and drink. Avoid using scented items beforehand and provide clear plastic cups for your guests as aluminum cans and plastic bottles are good hiding spots for stinging insects.
- Prior to the party, check screen doors and repair any holes. And with guests coming in and out of your house, make sure the doors close behind them.
- Keep all food and beverages in sealed coolers and containers.
- Keep garbage containers sealed and away from guests.
- Clean trash, spills and crumbs immediately from tables and other surfaces.
- Bring utensils and dishware indoors shortly after the meal.
- Rinse all beverage bottles and cans, and dispose of them in tightly closed garbage containers.
- Plan to serve food and beverages indoors, and reserve outdoor space for eating and entertaining.
- Having a regular pest management service to the exterior of our home will reduce the number of ants and other outdoor invaders, plus the added bonus of keeping them from gaining access to your home. Call us today for a free estimate on a summertime exterior service.